- ½ lb. sharp cheddar cheese (large shred)
- ½ lb. Monterey Jack cheese (large shred)
- 4 oz. can green chilies
- black olives, sliced (to taste)
- green olives, sliced (to taste)
- 1 can red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- diced tomatoes, or Ro-tel, or dryish salsa
- sliced green onions (including green part)
- 1-3 tablespoons diced jalapeno (optional)
Mix all ingredients together. Refrigerate. Serve with tortilla chips.
- chopped crab or shrimp
- mayonaise or Miracle Whip
- hot pepper relish
- black pepper
- dill (fresh is good)
- Cut avocados in half and remove pits
- Mix seafood, mayo and hot pepper relish (to taste)
- Stuff avocado halves with the seafood mixture
- Sprinkle black pepper on top (to taste)
- Optional: you can add a bit of curry or paprika, too
NOTE: This is not an edible item, for either pets or humans. I made this up all by myself (hurray)! This is a good thing to make on days when everything is going wrong.
- a paper lunch bag (any color)
- some Elmer’s glue
- some glitter
- Pour the glue into the paper bag, coat as much of the inside of the bag as is possible, but leave the upper 3″ uncoated!
- Dump glitter into the bag.
- Close the bag tightly with your fist, around that upper 3″ part.
- Shake the bag vigorously.
- Open the bag and set aside to dry, overnight.
- When you’re having a bad day, look inside the bag: ooo, pretty, pretty!
Stories, Recipes, and More